BIM Integrated Energy Analysis for Early Design Decisions

“Approximately 80% of the design decisions that influence a building’s energy performance are made by the architect in the early design phase; the remaining 20% are made by engineers at the later phases of design. Earlier energy modeler software programs were targeted exclusively at energy experts who typically joined the design process at the end of the development phase…”

Graphisoft EcoDesigner adds another integrated BIM dimension as the first fully integrated energy and carbon simulation tool. It  enables architects to assess energy use and carbon footprint of their building designs early on based on minimal parameter inputs.

ecodesigner01.JPG

ecodesigner02

Find out more at V1 Magazine or the Graphisoft product site.




    Leave a Reply

    Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

    WordPress.com Logo

    You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

    Twitter picture

    You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

    Facebook photo

    You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

    Google+ photo

    You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

    Connecting to %s



%d bloggers like this: