RDB Link Tool for Revit Family on Autodesk Labs
A database link tool is now available at Autodesk Labs:
The RDBLink tool allows the user to export data from the elements in a Revit project and maintain relationships against data that exists outside of Revit. The tool allows for both import and export of the project data and will allow the user to make changes on the database side that affect the data within the project once imported. Also, during subsequent exports of the data to the same database, only data from the project will be affected, so any new fields or tables added to the database for your own purposes will remain intact along side the newly exported data. The RDBLink import tool provides a grid view of the data to allow the user to make any final edits before import. This grid control also allows the user to create Revit Shared Parameters which will add new fields for those parameters to the database in the related tables. Changes to these new fields within the database will update these Revit Shared Parameters upon future imports.
- Autodesk Revit Architecture 2009 or 2010
- Autodesk Revit Structure 2009 or 2010
- Autodesk Revit MEP 2009 or 2010
Supported database platforms
- Supported databases when running under 32 bit: MS Access 2003/2007 and SQL Server 2005/2008.
- Supported databases when running under 64 bit: SQL Server 2005/2008.