IES VE-Ware now links to SketchUp
Integrated Environmental Solutions (IES) today launched a plug-in to Google SketchUp. This plug-in links directly to IES’s free VE-Ware tool which accurately determines the Yearly Energy Consumption and associated Carbon Dioxide Emissions for any building, in any part of the world.
How to determine a buildings Energy Consumption and Carbon Emissions for free in 5 easy steps…
- Model your building in Google SketchUp
- Open VE-Ware and tell it where your building is in the world
- Define your: Building Type, Construction materials, Heating and cooling system types, Room types
- Press a button – automatic detailed hourly thermal simulation is performed for you
- Get output on: Energy Consumption, Regional CO2 emissions,US benchmark against the Architecture 2030 (Zero-Carbon) challenge
Update: If you just want to use the free VE-Ware tool within SketchUp then the self contained installation package which includes a simple SketchUp plug-in is available at www.iesve.com/ve-ware. It is compatible with both the Free and Pro versions of Google SketchUp.